Feedback Strategies

The Difference Between Praise and Feedback
I found this article to be very interesting because I had differencing opinions on most of it. The article says that parents should praise more on the actual work that went into something a child did rather than tell the child how good their work is. To me, this feels almost like a backhanded compliment. One could argue I notice this because I am grown and know what a backhanded compliment is, but if I were to be praised that I worked hard rather than complimented on the work that I did, my feelings would probably be hurt. The article also says that a parent should not praise their child for every deed they do because the child may think that in order to earn their love, they must do chores. Rather, a parents should be constantly expressing their love for them no matter what they do. I see this backfiring in a lot of ways. If my parents constantly showered their love on me for everything, I would probably believe that I could get away with whatever I wanted because in the end, they'll still love me. I think children would take that love for granted.

Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset
I enjoyed this article very much because it focused more on how to mold children into thinking they can accomplish anything. Children's minds really are malleable and the way they are praised can affect what they think of themselves. If a child's minute is fixated on a certain point in life, they may not flourish into their full potential, but if they are pushed down the right path with the right encouragement, they may follow their potential. I like the analogy of a mirror: to give feedback in exact reflection without any judgement.

Feedback
Click here for link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jinal Wani

Storytelling: The Twins