Biography- The Best Day

Yesterday as I was having breakfast with a friend in town, and unexpected surprise happened. We were there for an hour, catching up on each other lives, not paying attention to what was happening in our surroundings. As we patiently waited for our waitress to bring the check, she came empty-handed. She told us that the man next to us paid for both of our meals. As we sat there speechless, we tried looking at the table next to us just to see that he was gone. We never thought anything of the man sitting there, alone and reading a book. We never thought anything to when he got up from his table and told us to have a good day when he left. We never got the chance to say thank you, so to him and everyone else who takes the time out of their day to perform a random act of kindness: thank you. We are so grateful to you and the little things make our day immediately better. Leaving the restaurant, I felt bad. I felt bad because there are so many opportunities in a day for us to do good for others yet more often than not, we don't take those chances. So today I decided to pay it forward and try to make someone else's day by paying for their Starbucks drink. Hopefully that $5.00 drink for someone who had a test this week, or a lot going on, or just needed a pick me up, made their day that much better. I realized that I do not need someone else doing something for me to make me pass it forward. Take the first step, find a way to make someone's day better.


Breakfast
Click here for link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jinal Wani

Storytelling: The Twins