Topic Brainstorm

One topic that I would be interested in doing is, “Reincarnation”. I chose this topic because it is a concept/idea that has always fascinated me. I know the general idea of reincarnation is that once you die, your physical body is gone, but your soul lives on forever in other lives. I would like to read more stories and folktales about this because other than the simple definition, I do not have any knowledge of the fact. I could see myself retelling stories in the form of a short composition or a poem. 
Another topic I could see myself focusing on is, “Love Stories”. I am always a sucker for a good love story and romanticism. My knowledge of love in Indian culture is rather small, but I am aware that it is quite different from the love I know today. Every culture has their own standards of love and what is accepted and what is not, and I would be interested in reading tales about how love is depicted in the Indian culture. I could see myself retelling love stories in forms of a sonnet, or a poem, or even a play. 
The belief of “Karma” is always one that has caught my interest. I am not necessarily sure if I believe in it, but I am very familiar with what it is and how it is used. I am always intrigued by stories that contain life lessons, or include epiphanies, and stories that have this theme are one’s that I will enjoy. I enjoy storybooks and tales, but those that additionally include a lesson, are ones that especially standout to me. I am familiar that the Indian culture believes in the idea of Karma and I would be interested in reading tales that circulate around it. Narratives are the most useful form for me in retelling stories that contain this idea. 
The last project idea I would be interested in is, “Death Stories”. The intenseness, drama, and suspense of the idea of a death story draws me in. Reading other students retell stories of such dramatic deaths, has me eager to do the same because I would enjoy it. I would also be intrigued to see how the idea of death is relevant in the Indian culture because all cultures perceive it differently. There are so many powerful figures in this culture, and this idea seems to include many of them, so I could see myself learning about so many characters researching this topic.
Reincarnation
Click here for Link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jinal Wani

Storytelling: The Twins