Time Strategies

The first article I read was “The Myth of Too Busy”. There are some views of his I agree on, and some I do not. I do believe if we changed our mindset that we are not “too busy” to “not prioritizing our time” can make a difference, and it is in fact true. I always think I am too busy or there are not enough hours in the day, when in fact if I cut out my midday nap, or woke up earlier, I could get a lot more done. There are few things I can modify in my time to create a more efficient schedule, I just need to beat procrastination mindset. One thing I do not agree with, is cutting out that one hour before bedtime to lay down and watch tv. The end of the day is tiresome, and we all need a little break in our day. Another concept I do not agree with, is telling people that you do not prioritize your time for a certain thing rather than saying you are too busy. I feel that that can come off as rude in some cases.

The second article I read was, “Eat the Frogs First Thing in the Morning”. This article was very helpful. It is quite smart to divide your tasks into four sections, and start your day be accomplishing the most dreadful task on the to-do list. It will give a kick-start to your day and a feeling of accomplishment. If I make a change in my time management skills, this article contains my go-to approaches. 

I am usually quite good at keeping my life organized and sticking to a schedule, but I do find myself waiting until the night before a deadline to complete it. I do not feel the urgency to do it unless there is a time crunch. For this class I was able to sit down and create a hard schedule that I will make myself follow. It fits very well in my time slots, therefore keeping my days organized.
"Do it"
Click here for link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jinal Wani

Storytelling: The Twins