Storybook: Taken

I was walking down the path in the park and suddenly saw the most angelic girl I have ever seen. She was the kind of girl you imagine halos on, an opera singing behind, and floating above ground. I was not sure how to approach her as I had been love struck. I walk up beside her and for the life of me could not produce any words or sound. This angel took pity on me and began to speak. 

“Well hello there. Here you poor thing, let me give you some food and water.”

I just could not handle myself. When I set my mind to want something or someone, I set out to achieve it. So, I demand this girl to marry me. Within seconds, the angel I once thought I knew turned a bright tomato red mimicking the devil. She scolded me with no remorse. She strikes me across the face as she told me she was betrothed to another man. 

This angered me. This infuriated me. No one should dismiss me like this, for I am the best man in all the land. This girl was going to regret every shutting me down. I grab her arm and start to seize here and take her away.

The sky turned a dark eerie grey, we both look up as our arms are interlocked. A big dragon is hovering over the sky, he has witnessed my actions and thinks he can intrude my doings. I think not. I pull out my dagger and strike the beast. May he think again before he or anyone else tries to cross me. 

I take the girl back to my mansion to show her all my possession’s and bask in my own glory. This ungrateful wench, rebukes and curses me. She warns me her fiancĂ©e will come and have revenge on my life. She shall see about that… 


Authors note:
I took the story Sita Stolen from the Myths of the Hindus and Buddhists and partially recreated it. For the most part I kept the plot the same and the characters, I just tweaked some parts to put it into my own words. I extended the story longer than what was written to give a little more detail as to what was going on. 

Sita and Ravana
Click here for link

Comments

  1. Hi Jinal!
    I really enjoyed your retelling of “Sita Stolen”. I would suggest in the Author’s note to clarify the point of view you’re telling the story from. I was confused for a bit of the story until I was able to figure out it was Ravana speaking. Overall, I really enjoyed the story and liked how expressed the change in Ravana’s emotions when he realizes Sita doesn’t want him. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jinal,
    I thought this was a great and unique way to retell the story of Sita getting kidnapped. I really like how you added a unique perspective of how Ravana felt when Sita rejected him. The only thing I would suggest is that you clarify somewhere that you're telling the story from the perspective of Ravana. Maybe start the author's note with that. Great work on this story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jinal Wani

Storytelling: The Twins