Storybook Favorites

One of my favorite storybooks on the list was, “The Creation of Kali”. I chose this one to browse over because it is one story that I have been familiar with in the past. I recalled my parents telling me this folklore at an early age. I felt the introduction did a good job explaining as a whole who Kali, the goddess of many things, really is. The background gave a good overarching theme of most of her folklores: good vs bad. Starting the introduction with a short, dramatic conversation really drew my attention unto this storybook. The overall design is very easy to navigate and the picture on the introduction makes the reader more drawn to the story.

Another storybook that stood out to me was, “No Birth No Death”. This title drew me in because I am somewhat familiar with the idea that in the Indian culture, the soul within a person lives on forever. There is no birth or death, there is reincarnation of the soul itself from one physical body to the next. The eeriness and mysteriousness of the introduction was a fascinating topic because I believe it can invite many different perspectives and opinions. I like the simplicity of the layout and using nature background as an overarching sign of life, but the modules were slightly confusing. When I clicked on the site, it took me to the last page of the storybook and i was a little unclear where the introduction was until I flipped through the pages.

The last one I chose to focus on was “Karna: The ill-fitted hero”. Honestly I was drawn to this title because I thought it read “karma”, but I am not regretful of my choice to stick with it and browse through it. This is one story I am not familiar with, but the introduction helped me grasp a really good foundation of who Karna is, and what I would be reading about him. I liked how in the introduction, a one to two sentence summary was given for each story that was in the story book. It made me really get a good idea of what exactly I was going to be learning about. The pictures for each of the pages looked very connected to the story, the only one that was misleading was the home page pictures of flowers.
Click here for link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jinal Wani

Storytelling: The Twins