Growth Mindset

Before today, I have heard of the general idea that students need to be challenged more, and praised less. I have not heard about Carol Dweck’s approach to it and the idea of “not yet” but I do believe it has beneficial value. I find myself in the middle between the spectrum of a growth-fixed mindset. I find comfort in the fact that I am so knowledgeable about certain things, and when I am able to showcase that, it feels good to be praised for things I already know. Despite this, I do like to be challenged so I can expand my area of expertise.  My biggest challenge when it comes to learning new things is my drive to really understand new concepts. School has taught me way too much to memorize ideas and concepts and not fully grasp the meaning of them all. I find myself just forgetting all the information I learned in a class once the semester is over. I would be interested in learning more about the “growth-fixed mindset” because I feel that it will motivate me more to step away from all the concepts I really know, and encourage me to expand my knowledge.
Fixed Mindset vs Growth Mindset
Click here for link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jinal Wani

Storytelling: The Twins